Learn Web Coding Home Template Download
Learn Web Coding (LWC) consists of LWC Home (learnwebcoding.com), LWC Blog (blog.learnwebcoding.com), and LWC Forums (forums.learnwebcoding.com). LWC Home, LWC Blog, and LWC Forums (LWC Home/Blog/Forums) are treated as three distinct web sites with the LWC Home home page serving as the LWC home page.
Web browser support: IE10+, ED12+, FF6+, CH30+, OP17+.
PHP support: PHP 5.6.8+, 7+. PHP 5.6.7- not tested.
To download and try on your web server:
- Download the source code zip file to your computer: lwc_home_template.zip (learnwebcoding.com) - Released: 21 Oct 2018. Size: 849,025 bytes. SHA-256 checksum: 03dd9647c604481a2eda3cb2c49e45d9eaadb6be66e13985d78a29413c688275.
- Extract the downloaded zip file. In this example, lwc_home_template.zip is extracted to the lwc_home_template folder:
- Copy the contents of the lwc_home_template folder, not the lwc_home_template folder itself, to the root of the web server.
- The LWC Home Template includes a PHP template system for creating a flexible and easy to maintain web site and web pages. The PHP template system uses pathless
include_oncestatements. For the pathless
include_oncestatements to work, the PHP interpretor must be instructed of the path to the PHP template system templates directory on the web server. This requires editing the
include_pathdirective of the PHP initialization php.ini file. Otherwise, change the PHP template system
include_oncestatements to absolute paths.
The following instructs the PHP interpretor of the path to the PHP template system templates directory for a default installation of XAMPP 5.6.8+ on Windows with the LWC Home Template copied to the root of the XAMPP Apache HTTP Server per the above. In this setup, the root of the web server (i.e., the XAMPP Apache HTTP Server) is C:\xampp\htdocs\, and the PHP template system templates directory is C:\xampp\htdocs\templates\. If necessary, modify as appropriate for your setup. For additional information, see Apache Friends (apachefriends.org), PHP documentation | include (php.net), and PHP documentation | Description of core php.ini directives - include_path string (php.net).
- Copy and paste the php.ini file in place as php.ini.bak. For a default installation of XAMPP 5.6.8+, the php.ini file is located at C:\xampp\php\php.ini.
- Open the php.ini file in a text editor.
- Go to the Paths and Directories section. Change the following line:
include_pathdirective is not commented out.
include_pathdirective value is now correctly enclosed in quotation mark (") characters.
- The following are appended to the end of the existing value; 1.) a semicolon (;) character, and 2.) the path to the PHP template system templates directory on the web server.
- Save the php.ini file.
- If the web server is started, stop and restart the web server.
- If it becomes necessary to undo the changes, delete the php.ini file and rename the php.ini.bak file to php.ini. If the web server is started, stop and restart the web server.
- Point your web browser to the index.php file on the root of the web server.
- The LWC Home Template home page appears.
- IE = Internet Explorer.
- ED = Edge = EdgeHTML rendering engine (ED12+) and/or Edge browser (ED20+).
- FF = Firefox.
- CH = Chrome.
- OP = Opera.